See the German version of this article.
Controlling the Dino Park
- Dino Park is switched to OMNI mode, receiving on all channels.
- Switching between the synth models is by doing a full MIDI Bank Select: CC#0, model #, CC#32, Preset Bank (0 = Presets, 1 = User). BTW: This is wrong in MPA’s MIDI documentation for the Dino Park.
- These models are included:
- Bank 0: Minimoog model, „Minimax“
- Bank 1: Prophet-5 model, „Pro-12“
- Bank 2: ARP Odyssey model, „Prodyssey“
- More models available for the Creamware technology: Bank 3 – “B4000” organ emulation closely related to Ferrofish’s tech, a VS-inspired synth called Lightwave, the “Vocodizer”, a FM/PD synthesizer called FMAGIA, and a „Drums ’n‘ Bass“ model.
- Saving a preset is done by sending CC#111 followed by the preset to save to.
MIDI implementation is documented for the four first models on the DINOPARK-Support page. Some small errors and omissions: The CC#0, CC#32 sequence for model switching is mixed up, Prodyssey model VCA Mod is CC#11 (not CC#51), VCA Gain is missing from doc but can be reached by CC#51.
It was a bit tricky but I built a controller GUI for “Minimax”, “Pro-12”, and “Prodyssey” model. Available for download here as a TB Midi Stuff Canvas unter CC-BY licence here. Please tell me of any problems and ideas for improvement.
As the Minimoog is a simpler synth, it can be controlled quite comfortably from the 24 dials and 32 knobs of a Novation SL MKII. A template is available for download here.
- keine – dieser Post scheint einzigartig zu sein…