Firmware update for the Roland JX-3P Analog classic:
- MIDI CC control of all parameters [list of parameters here]
- MIDI velocity can be routed to VCF depth or VCA
- Sysex save and load of banks B and C (MKS-30 dump format compatible)
- MIDI channel selection: 1-8 or OMNI (saved on power-off)
- Front panel and CC selection of Poly I or Poly II key assign mode (always defaults to Poly I at power up)
- Fixed: LFO Delay Timer works on MIDI notes
- Fixed: CC 01 mod wheel messages now supported. (Controls LFO -> DCO mod depth, same as MKS-30)
!!!HARDWARE MODIFICATION NECESSARY!!!
Installing the firmware is not quite straightforward. Apart from replacing the firmware IC, two connections will have to be changed – one has to be soldered, one has to be cut. Details on how to do this can be found [here].